Upcoming Events: Release of Guangzhou Award Reports on Urban Innovation
In collaboration with the expert network, the Guangzhou International Award for Urban Innovation accomplished three reports based on the lessons-learned from more than 1200 urban innovation initiatives accumulated over the 5 cycles since 2012, namely the Urban Innovation Trends: A Global Report, the 5th Guangzhou Award Report on Local Implementation of SDGs, and the Urban Innovation Assessment Methodology Interim Report. This event will officially release the Guangzhou Award series reports on global urban innovation and invite the co-authors to share the key messages from each report.
Draft Agenda（subject to the actual arrangement）:
Part One: Release of Reports
Moderator: Mr. Zhan Decun, Director General of Guangzhou Foreign Affairs Office
1. Remarks (15:00-15:15)
· Mayor of Guangzhou（TBC）
· Emilia Saiz, Secretary General of UCLG (TBD)
· Octavi de la Varga, Secretary General of Metropolis
2. Reports release (15:15-15:20)
· Release of the Reports
3. Introduction to the reports (15:20-16:00)
· Overview of the series reports on Global Urban Innovation by Nicholas You
· Introduction to Urban Innovation Trends: A Global Report
Geci Karuri-Sebina, Associate of South African Cities Network and Adjunct Professor of African Centre for Cities, University of Cape Town
· Introduction to 5th Guangzhou Award Report on Local Implementation of SDGs
Jose Siri, Senior Science Lead for Cities, Urbanisation, and Health at Wellcome Trust Our Planet Our Health
· Introduction to Urban Innovation Assessment Methodology: Interim Report
Eugenie Birch, Co-Director, Penn Institute for Urban Research
4. Comments by partners (16:00-16:15)
· Urban Sustainability Exchange (TBD)
· Sylvia Croese, Senior Researcher, South African Research Chair in Spatial Analysis and City Planning, University of the Witwatersrand, Chair of Technical Committee of the 5th Guangzhou Award (TBD)
· UN-Habitat Urban Agenda Platform (TBD)
Part Two: Local Implementation of SDGs Seminar
(Optional for Online Participants)
Moderator: Ms. Wang Qing, Professor of School of Government at Sun Yat-Sen University.
1. Keynote Speech (16:20-17:00)
· Huang Dingxi, Vice President and Secretary General of Guangzhou Urban Planning Association
· Yao Yi, Deputy Director of Institute of International Studies, Guangzhou Academy of Social Sciences
· Zeng Lingfa, Dean of the Department of Politics and Public Administration, South China Normal University.
· Hu Jianxin, Former Chief Sustainability Officer of China Merchants Shekou Industrial Zone Holdings Co., Ltd and Adjunct Professor of Shenzhen Graduate School of Tsinghua University.
· Du Hongyu, Senior Researcher of Southern Finance Omnimedia Corp.
2. Roundtable Discussion (17:00-17:40)
3. Q&A (17:40-18:00)
4. Conclusion (18:00)
Scan the QR code to register for the events:
Time: 24 August 2021, 15:00-18:00 (Beijing Time, 9:00-12:00 CEST)